On Dec 28, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Patrick Gillam wrote:

--- Vaj wrote:

I've experienced the form and the formless aspect of my TM ishta

mantra. In order for that to manifest however I went to a teacher who

instructed me in how to create the yantra, the visual form of the

devata. The yantra of your devata relates to the aspect of seeing.

Vaj, does seeing the form of that ishta mantra contribute to

its value somehow? For example, is it like an advanced technique?

Well repeating an ishta mantra is considered mental worship. Transcendence is just trying to unite with that (mental) form. The end result of that worship is that one experiences the form of the mantra, the devata. Then one definitely gains some siddhi or some benefit. I don't know that that necessarily means the visual form. For example some may experience Saraswati as a streaming of nectar down through the crown. Also, once the mantra bears fruit, consciousness may curve over onto itself and become creative--and create spheres of light. For me, at that point (and interestingly numerous others I've happened to meet) I had to move on to another practice which was more pertinent. If we keep calling a name, it's only expected that the one we are calling would present themselves.