> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer

> thing
> > >
> > > Yup. It's a movement full of people who care more
> > > about talking the talk than they do walking the
> > > walk. In fact, there is no perceived *value* in
> > > walking the walk, whereas there is for talking
> > > the talk. Good talkers get promoted into the
> > > movement hierarchy, whereas those who actually
> > > live quietly according to generally-accepted
> > > spiritual precepts get ignored or are cast off.
> > >
> >  > I wonder how the TMO compares with other spiritual movements
> >

> > > "By example" is ALWAYS what wins. Maharishi could talk
> > > and talk and talk forever ...--->> and in fact has almost
> > > no sense of loyalty to those who have served him for
> > > years as TM teachers. <<<-----
> >
> > The loyalty stuff has always bothered me. It's nagged at me for a
> long
> > time. When I saw how Maharishi treated those closest to him,
> (Charlie,
> > Jerry, etc...) I knew something was 'rotten in Denmark'. Its a big
> > cognitive disonance for a 'spiritual movement'.
>
> What's a bit odd about the current discussion of the
> TMO's perceived lack of spirituality is how judgmental
> it is.  Aren't being spiritual and being judgmental
> mutually contradictory?

There is a big difference between 'judgemental' and the ability to
discriminate. I've always thought that it is an important ethical and
spiritual principle not to use someone's ignorance against them. (You
can see a lot of that in the current TMO.) A corrallary of love thy
neighbor as thyself, I guess. The new age axiom about being
non-judgemental kill's the basic ability of the mind to make
evolutionary decisions. That's what it's there for...

JohnY