> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "demaris4" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > In resopnse to the quote below -- are you sure that the TM group
> myth is the overriding
> > importance of personal enlightenment??  I don't think so.  I think
> the more important belief or
> > myth is that thru the movement, the world will be transformed; that
> this is much more
> > important than individual enlightenment, which is influenced by so
> many variables such a
> > karma... This transformation of civilization just seems to me to be
> the guiding light and the
> > reason for it all - but individuals will have their own needs and
> entrapments.
>
> You are absolutely correct.  The overriding belief is
> and always has been that TMers will transform the world
> through their practice; personal enlightenment is and
> always has been secondary.

????

I am not sure I agree.

Maybe its we have been in different times and in different places.

The intro lecture is 3/4 individual transformation, 1/4 world peace.

But you counter, "but look at all the SQ RT of 1% stuff, thats a world
focus"

But I counter, "yes, but so each individual can live enlightenment".

Age of Enlightenment vs. Heaven on Earth perhaps.

Not an argument, just a different perspective. :)

> The person who wrote the post you quote below used to
> be a TM teacher, incidentally, and (according to him)
> held positions of significant responsibility in the
> TMO,

<smirk> Jerry Jarvis?

"significant responsibility" -- sounds heavy.