> On Jan 4, 2006, at 12:05 AM, Rick Archer wrote:
>
> > Maharishi used to say that each next coming generation would be
more
> > evolved. How about the Indigo children? Maybe we were a bunch
of
> > pawns sent
> > in to do the dirty work and the real yogis are coming now.
>
> There are a number of prominent reincarnations of famous yogins
that
> have occurred in the west. Lama Yeshe reincarnated as a boy in
Spain.
> He's now around 20 years old. The same thing has begun in America
as
> well. A woman who was a lineage holder for her tribe of the
Tsalagi/
> Cherokee began spontaneously teach Tibetan Buddhism--even though
she
> knew nothing of that path! Later she was the first woman in
> historical time to be allowed to do (I believe) the sundance.
During
> that ritual she had the experience of being merged with this
other
> being. Later, she found out she was pregnant. It turned out to be
the
> reincarnation of a famous yogi.
>
> Jetsunma Ahkön Lhamo, nee Catherine Burroughs, was born in
Brooklyn
> and is also a reincarnation. She's probably in her 40's now. She
> gathered a group in her teens or 20's and also spontaneously
began
> teaching Dharma. She was later recognized as a reincarnation of a
> great female practitioner of the Ancient Ones. Her husband was an
old
> TM teacher and I met him at my first audience with Jetsunma in the
80's.

> So it's been going on a while.>>

I heard of a kid in India on Reuters news a couple of weeks ago who
hasn't eaten for months and is in constant meditation, and who is
supposed to be the incarnation of Rama. His brothers look after him
and keep the crowds at bay, but there is, as usual, some dispute as
to authenticity. Some doctors saw him (not touching though), and
expressed concern that he might die.

OffWorld