> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > on 1/4/06 4:05 AM, Robert Gimbel at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, I remember when Maharishi used to come to Fairfield,
> everything
> > > would change; the whole enviornment would adjust/shift.
> > > To have someone in the area, in Brahman Consciousness is quite
> > > something; being in his presence being the most powerful.
> >
> > That was always my experience too, but here were also 8,000
sidhas
> here last
> > time he came. That had a profound effect on group consciousness.
> >
> > > Then I remember, when Reagan and the Pope were shot, and in
those
> > > years, he seemed to be not interested in coming here,
anymore...
> > > I heard he thought it too violent here, to rude.
> > > He also was treated very badly on the "Dick Cavette Show" on
maybe
> > > his last visit here to the U.S.
> >
> > He was also hounded by the local sheriff last time he came, who
> tried to
> > serve him with a soepena, but was somehow blocked by Lenny
Goldman
> (the
> > lawyer).
> >

> IIRC correctly, that local sherrif (Assistant DA?) was a disciple
of
> Robin Carlson's. Very odd thing, Fairfield...

*****************

There was a county attorney, Ann Taylor (whose parents owned
the "taylor on broadway" restaurant just off the square in
Fairfield), who was a meditator. While she was county attorney of
Jefferson County in the 80s, Ms. Taylor married the notably-nutty
Lewis Gibson, a meditator who later was busted in California for
using underage girls for sex and to sell cocaine, for which he
received a sentence in which his first parole-eligibility date was
something like after 42 years (David Hawthorne mentions Gibson's
case [without mentioning him by name] in his Jyotish book:
http://tinyurl.com/depwf ). Gibson was moved from Folsom prison some
time ago to a hospital for the criminally insane.

As much as this marriage to Gibson stigmatized Ann Taylor in the
eyes of Fairfield residents, I don't recall her ever being mentioned
as a disciple of Robin Carlson -- if a sheriff did try to serve some
papers, it was probably at the instigation of Carlson himself (who
committed suicide date unknown).

There is currently a magistrate serving in Fairfield, Benny Wagoner,
who is a TMer (also the current county attorney is a ru), so I think
the people of Fairfield understand that not all TMers are nuts (but
that's usually the way to bet, like they say.)