> Yeah, I said awhile back that there is an ego experienced in
> enlightenment, and made it clear at the time that the identification
> shifts from self to Self. This can also be interpreted as the
> disappearance of the ego, since the identification with the self
> disappears. Hope this helps.

And thats a reasonable perspective.

My only point is that that is NOT Peter's oft repeated view. He has
forcefully claimed many times that in enlightenement there is NO ego,
NO individuality, absolutely NONE, ZIP. Game OVER. His statements
leave no room for your position, "indentification changes but the ego
is still there, just not identified with." He is clear that if there
is a sense of ego or individuality, then that 'experience' is NOT
enlightenment.

Thus my point: Two (and more) people self-claim enlightenment, define
it in different way, and report a different 'experience' that
characterizews "their" enlightenment.

If one doesn't see whats wrong with this picture, then their
self-defined, self-proclaimed "type" of enlightenment, or innate
rational skills, are of a very weak form.