> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > MMY said something like, "Before god, we should be just
> > > like a dog, just estatically eager and happy to do whatever
> > > is 'asked' -- presented before us."
> >
> > There you have it, in a nutshell.  That's how he
> > expected the people he made TM teachers to live
> > their lives.  A lot did, and still do.  I guess
> > if you like that sorta thing, the movement provides
> > endless opportunities to jump through hoops.
>
> So MMY is God, in the eyes of many/most of his followers?

Nope, he just assumes that he is when it comes to
telling people what to do.  That is, his ideas are
the same as God's, so they should do what he says
as obediently as if they were dogs.

And if you think I'm exaggerating, you should be in
the room when someone *fails* to do what he told
them to do, and watch the wrath of God come down.  :-)