> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Unc, to Anon:
> > >
> > > Anon:
> > >
> > > Unc:
> > >
> > > Judy:
> > >
> > > This is like one of those slap-your-forehead realization
> > > moments in which you "get" something that has eluded you
> > > for years, something that explains a recurring phenomenon
> > > you never fully understood.
> > >
> > > Judy really can't tell the difference between being
> > > laughed at and being attacked.  No WONDER she acts the
> > > way she does.
> >
> > Laughing *at* (as opposed to *with*) a person is, of
> > course, an attack.  To pretend otherwise is hypocrisy.
>
> Sorry, but in my book to perceive being laughed at
> as an attack is to reveal how pitifully lost one is
> in the self and how attached one is to staying lost.
> On the other hand, to be able to either shrug off
> being laughed at or to actually be able to laugh
> along with the laughers is a sign of being somewhat
> evolved.

However, the two are not mutually exclusive, of course.
It's entirely possible to perceive that one is being
attacked and to shrug off the attack, or even to
perceive that the attack has merit and the laughter
is justified.

But that doesn't somehow make the laughter any less of
an attack.  To maintain otherwise is, as I said,
hypocrisy.

  Thank you for clarifying which camp you