On Jan 10, 2006, at 7:50 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

I dunno... maybe my thinking is muddled, but Akashanon's comment

didn't strike me as the least bit funny.

Yesterday, while alone on a trip to Iowa City, the sentence, "A clear,

finely tuned intellect is necessary for realization and appreciation

of higher states." was in the back of my mind all day. And judging by

my recent experience, I disagree. I can see how a finely tuned

intellect would be useful for more accurately conveying in language

the experience of non-dual awareness, but for me, at least, the real

appreciation has been on the level of heart. Trying to analyze it

intellectually is only mildly interesting and somewhat frustrating;

but, just innocently being aware of the awareness is like bathing in love.

One of the characteristics of resting the mind in the Natural, non-dual State is that thoughts will not repeat themselves in samsaric chains--they self-liberate of and by themselves, "like a snake untying itself from a knot". The nice thing is, if we can experience thought from the perspective of this unified state, the pattern that causes them to arise repeatedly is immediately cut...for good...unless we recreate the same conditions that put them there in the first place...