--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Its a hoot that given the following "Oringial Post", that the most
> important and substantive thing in Tom's view, per "Recent Post"
> is past posts of his were referenced where he refers to others as
> "pissing skunks" and admonishes others to "Take a long walk off a
> short dock or suck eggs" (paraphrased in the post as "eat shit and
die").

> There are far more important issues that Tom ignores, refuses, is
> afraid to or is unable to respond to.
>
> 1) self-proclaimed enlightened don't walk their talk.

>From my point of view neither do the self professed ignorant, such
as yourself.

You have stated regularly, and I'm paraphrasing, that you have a
problem with anyone here that states definitively that they are
enlightened, that you would be comfortable if rather than state it
as such, they declared it to be a subjective experience, possibly
true and possibly not, of an experience of a higher state of
consciousness.

If we cannot definitively state ourselves as being enlightened,
ever, or alternatively, if to state oneself as enlightened doesn't
conform with some established criteria of yours, then everyone who
says they are enlightened here is by default in fact ignorant,
according to you.

Given these choices how will you *ever* know if you, or anyone else,
is enlightened? Please now state your criteria clearly and
unambiguously on how you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt when
you, or anyone else, has achieved enlightenment.

Up to this point, you have been content to argue with whomever makes
the statement that they are enlightened. You have pointed out why
they aren't. Fair enough.

Now the ball is in your court. Please prove to me that you know what
you are talking about. As I mentionewd above, I looking for a list
of criteria. We are beyond the point of argument. The list, if you
please. Thanks in advance.