> --- In
> FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Akashanon writes: I have said, 'hey guys, lets focus on substance.'
> >
> > TorquiseB writes:
> > Dude, why don't you try being honest with yourself
> > for once.  What you *meant* by "Let's focus on
> > substance" was "Let's all talk about what *I* want
> > to talk about, in the pseudointellectual way I like
> > to talk about such things. Anything else is off-topic."
> > It's your whole act here.
> >
> > Tom T:
> > That is why he is so careful in his self appointed role as the
> > Dogma/thought patrol. Wouldn't want anyone here to have any
> > substantive opportunity to discuss and share experiences. Must
> clear
> > it with the Dogma patrol and get the blessing of substance that
> only
> > the intellect can understand. Anyone who deviates from that script
> and
> > role playing must certainly be OTP and subject to intense scrutiny
> on
> > a word by word basis for error and wrong thinking. Must keep that
> > thinking in a very narrow path. Must Must Must. Should should
> should.
> >

> The cool thing about akashanon's constant parrying and challenging
> is that it strengthens the Awakening experience of those who are
> challenged.
>
> Its like this dude I encountered in the post office the other day,
> where I'm plunking endless amounts of change into the one
> functioning stamp machine, and the machine is rejecting about every
> third coin, and given that, along with the price of a book of twenty
> stamps these days, it is taking a long time to buy my stamps.
>
> So I'm putting in coins, and putting in coins, and then I hear from
> behind me, an annoyed and persistent voice, "Buy the stamps! C'mon
> buy the stamps!". I ignore it, not really catching the connection,
> and keep plunking my change in, and several seconds later, "Buy the
> stamps! Buy the stamps!". At this point I turn around, and see that
> it is this guy in line, addressing me. So I stop what I am doing and
> begin calmly explaining what I am doing, and why it is taking so
> long.
>
> This doesn't satisfy him, and he interrupts with, "Well, then just
> push the button! Buy some stamps with what you have!". So I explain
> that the machine only offers 20 stamp books and I haven't put enough
> stamps in. He isn't satisfied by my explanation, because he has
> apparently made up his mind that I am wrong, and dammit, I'm not
> conforming to that view of his. Anyway, he got frustrated and left,
> and I got my stamps.
>
> Afterwards, I realized how much such an experience had validated and
> reinforced the silence which now permeates my Being, is an
> everpresent constituent of me, and how such experiences stretch and
> [...]

I am glad it helps. If my posts help reduce the contradictions,
cognitive errors, dogma and baseless assumptions, then discussions of
substance  will be clearer and deeper.

I get value in seeing how oddly ones words can be read. Its helps
writing skills -- a challenge to try to make ones writing clear even
to those who respond primarily to voices in their heads and not whats
on the page.

And I get huge a huge source of laughter seeing the contradictions,
cognitive errors, dogma and baseless assumptions that some posters
make everyday. Including you. Thanks for that. Its a great gift.