--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>     In case you don't know, There was a string of brutal rapes in
india, which included the high profile case of a Swiss diplomat
raped in Delhi,

>     http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3193820.stm
>
>     President's elite body guards raping a university student,  a
cop raping a teenage girl, etc etc.  Therefore India's image has
taken a severe beating.

>     I noticed some people having illusions about India which is
why i posted the news item.

>     Jim Flanegin thinks it's shit not worth reading.  Not taking
note of  reality might put you in fool's paradise.

Hey Jason, I grew up in SE Asia- 17 years. So I know that any other
people in the world are pretty much all the same as us here- some
good and some bad.

I would've just preferred that you stated what you thought, that
others had fairy tales in their minds about India, and mentioned an
contrast to that. To post something so brutal with its details, as
you did,  wasn't imo necessary in order for you to get your point
across.