> Letter from Mother Divine lady:

<snip to>
> A glorious capital is being established there in
> the center of India to radiate an influence of peace to
> the whole world. Pictures of plans for this new Capital
> were extremely inspiring and beautiful.

Doesn't this just say it all?  "Pictures of plans"
are considered "inspiring," while the reality
(having to beg for money to pay for being moved
into a trailer park in Iowa and forgotten) is
completely ignored.

Whatever else you can say about Maharishi, he always
did have a talent for attracting Class-A suckers and
keeping them on the line. One gets the feeling that
not only do these women believe that something will
actually be built in India, but that they will get
to live there sometime later in the incarnation.

On the other hand, I've seen better scams in other
spiritual traditions. Many of them don't even
promise their suckers any payback during their own
lifetimes. They get people to shell out the big
bucks purely for the promise of an "inspiring and
beautiful" capital in Heaven.

As a teacher I admired once said so aptly, "It's
a DOS planet."