I agree with Peter. Druker's article is excellent. It's about time someone said
this, and he says it very well. It's time these hog farms were exposed for the
disgusting abuse that they heap upon these gentle animals. A factory "farm" is
a concentration camp designed to torture and kill animals.

> Go Steve! What a great Op-Ed piece. Absolutely
> brilliant using the Bible to ground a moral argument.
> Love to see what a Fundie can say in response.
>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Dick Mays
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Today the Des Moines Register is running my
> > opinion piece on the
> > > spiritual pollution of high-density hog farms.  It
> > is attached and
> > > reproduced below.  As the editors note in their
> > headline
> > introducing
> > > the essay, it is "the most damning argument
> > against large hog
> > > confinements."  Feel free to circulate it broadly.
> >

> > > The editors apparently timed the publication of
> > this essay to
> > > coincide with today's meeting of the Iowa
> > Environmental Protection
> > > Commission to consider the state Department of
> > Natural Resources
> > > proposal to give the agency more flexibility in
> > evaluating
> > > construction-permit applications for new livestock
> > operations.
> > >
> > > Steven Druker
> > > _______________________________________
> > >
> > > NOTE: The opinion piece reproduced below is
> > running in the Des
> > Moines
> > > Register today (January 17, 2006).  It is preceded
> > by the heading
> > > with which it is introduced in the online edition
> > of the Opinion
> > > Section headline page.
> > >
> > <http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
> >
> category=OPINION>http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
> > category=OPINION
> > >
> > > Columnists - opinion
> > >

> > <http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
> > AID=/20060117/OPINION01/60116008/1035/OPINION>Iowa
> > >
> > > Even with all the environmental pollution they
> > cause, the most
> > > damning argument against large hog confinements is
> > the way we the
> > > animals are treated. Ponder this: How would Jesus
> > farm?
> > >
> > <http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
> >
> AID=/20060117/OPINION01/60116008/1035/OPINION>http://
desmoinesregiste