> on 1/18/06 4:43 PM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Most Christians are looking forward to watching God rip the guts
> >> out of non-Christians
> >
> > Er, no, not "most Christians," Patrick.
>
> It was I who said that. I get the impression that the majority of
> Christians, at least in this country, are fundamentalists, and most
of them
> buy into the Judgment Day thing, which implies that they don't expect a
> picnic is in store for the "unsaved." Maybe they're not the
majority, but
> just make the most noise. Please clarify my understanding of the
> demographics.

Glad you clarified that because the word "most" bothered me too.
Maybe the loudest have this vengeful attitude, but attributing it to
"most" seems just a bit Pall-ish, if you know what I mean.

Among those who are looking forward to this retribution though, I
wonder how many are men.  I'm thinking of a study just done, which
seems to show that "While women showed signs of empathy with people
they both liked and disliked, men appeared to enjoy pain being
inflicted on their foes".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4620922.stm
and
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060118_empathy_revenge.html