> From: Michael Jansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:00:01 -0500
> To: Michael Jansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Conversation: Purusha's descent from Heavenly Mountain unto Earth
> Subject: Purusha's descent from Heavenly Mountain unto Earth

<snip>
This strikes me as a strange group for the West. Unlike Thailand or
India, we have no tradition here of directly supporting monks. And
unlike the traditional monks like the Benedictines, aligned and
supported by the Catholic church, these guys have to beg regularly to
support their lifestyles, living in poverty, and for what? It seems
like a very strange thing to put oneself through...building castles in
the air.