--- jim_flanegin wrote:

> As to whether the benefit of the P group is for all, I am
> skeptical. It begs the question, 'what *isn't* for the benefit of
> all?'. Can't think of anything...

Second-hand cigarette smoke?

Regardless, you have a fortunate point of view!

I don't discount the Purusha point of view because I
subscribe to the notion of collective consciousness I picked
up from Maharishi. That perspective allows for a subtle, unseen
influence on relative life as a whole. It's mystical, I admit,
but I have no reason to dump it. (Maybe people will suggest a
few reasons following this post.)

The collective consciousness theory allows for individuals
and groups to raise collective consciousness "higher" in
ways that show up in the relative world.

For example, my neighbor once had to drive an hour and
half into Boston to get organic meat. Now it's available
down the road at the local supermarket. That shift in
public demand may be attributed to rising collective
consciousness, which may in turn be attributed to a
spiritual awakening that many groups like to say is
happening.

Salads at McDonald's are another example. Reduced
exposure to second-hand cigarette smoke is another.

Are the Purushites superfluous? I kind of hope so,
given the paucity of their numbers. But I'm not ready
to dismiss their influence, either.