--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > on 1/27/06 11:28 PM, m2smart4u2000 at
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > If we are building our houses according to
> > > Stapatya veda, and they are
> > > supposed to face east, do we all have to rebuild
> > > them every 10 years?
> > > The declination in my area changes .16 degrees per
> > > year.
> >
> > Why is that? Is the earth shifting on it axis? Maybe
> > buildings should be
> > built on big Lazy Susans (turn tables).
>
> This procession of the earth's axis and the subsequent
> change in the cardinal directions on the earth's
> surface reveals the silliness of the TMO's and the
> TB's obsession with vastu. Appropriate or
> inappropriate vastu will not enlighten you. Impact
> your sattva? Yes. But to what degree? Not much! But
> sattva holds you in its stupid bliss grip just as
> powerfully--if not more so--than rajas or tamas. To
> quote MMY, "Gold chains or iron chains, they're both
> chains."

Yes, but some people come to the spiritual path
*in search of* bigger and better chains.  They
flit from conceptual model to conceptual model,
from certainty to certainty, from one excuse
for why they're not enlightened yet to the next
excuse for why they're not enlightened yet. In
truth, what they're searching FOR is the next
excuse, the next set of chains. As long as they
can convince themselves that they're working on
"dissolving" the chains, that there is something
that they *have* to "work on," they're happy.
That's a familiar and no-risk situation. What
would be risky is to drop the chains and be free.