Thanks for the cite. I was thrown off by poster's misleading
timeframe. The bill was signed Jan 5, while the post implies it was
"last thursday" aka 1/26. I didn't look far enough back in
the archives.

1/28/06 post: "I post the following information, from today's New York
Times news reports: Annoying someone via the internet is now a federal
crime. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on
posting annoying web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages with
out disclosing your true identity."

Such "abuse" language cannot stand up in courts. It is contrary to so
many free speech and privacy precedents.

The "naivite" of the original post still holds -- its view on
implications.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"