In a message dated 2/5/06 4:34:46 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Maharishi used to have a pat answer for people who
> > asked him questions about diet and lifestyle and
> > how they should live their lives. He used to say,
> > "It is not a favor to the seeker to answer such
> > questions.
>
> Sure he did. He clearly said,

> "Don't eat Hong Kong fish."  :)
>
> "Eat what your mother cooked for you."
>
> "Brown rice? It seems so undigestable"
As far as I can remember this is the closest M ever came to talking about diet in the 60's and early 70's.  Don't eat something if you know it interferes with your meditation or makes you sick. Eat what your mother cooks for you was always the standard. I think the age of enlightenment courses were the first to serve pure vegetarian diet and M didn't make a big deal out of it either.