> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>

> > > I'm in a small subset of the posters on this forum in that I'm
> > > not fully against the rajah/recert thing. What benefits do
> > > think I should have learned from being in this small subset?
> >
> > Maybe that it's Ok to have your own opinions without
> > being compulsive about defending them.  The former is
> > normal and healthy; the latter is not.
>
> Aside from saying that I don't think its all that big a deal,
> how have I defended my opinions on this subject?

I was talking about the rather repetitive manner
in which you keep saying that subjective experiences
aren't to be trusted without some kind of objective
evidence to "prove" them.  I'm just trying to remind
you that this is probably a viable stance to take if
you've never *had* any extraordinary (and non-
verifiable) subjective experiences, but can be
somewhat problematic if you have.

You probably can't *prove* transcendence, but you've
probably experienced it.  Does it exist?  Based on
your stance with regard to flashier subjective
experiences, it would be logical to think that
you're not sure.  I'm just being an advocate for
"being sure" of solid, often-repeated subjective
experiences until they might be proven false, *not*
the other way around -- disbelieving them until
someone "proves" them true.

An integral part of realization, as far as I can tell,
is learning to trust one's experience more than one
trust the "experts."  I'm further suggesting that
the TM movement, in its zeal to "prove" the value
of the products it was selling to the public it was
trying to sell them to, has gone way overboard in
training its followers to trust the "experts" more
than they trust themselves.  I'm not convinced
this is a favor to them.  That's all.

Because of the general weirdness of *my* subjective
experiences in life, I've grown *used* to people not
believing them.  That is their right.  I *really* am
not out to convince them that my experiences consti-
tute some kind of 'Truth.'  I'm not even convinced
that 'Truth' exists.  I just report my experiences,
as accurately as I can.  People react the way they
react; that's not my concern.  All I have to worry
about is being as honest as I can with the stories.

It may not be much of a spiritual path, but it's the
only one I got right now.  No "experts" except for
the evolving body of my own experience.  It might not
work for everyone, but it works for me.  So far.  :-)