> There's some speculation amongst Buddhist scholars that Jesus
> of Nazareth may have attained the Rainbow Body--and the Pistis
> Sophia, a text representing the teachings given in
> his "resurrection body"--may represent teaching often given in
> that form of realization. Of course it's all speculation. And
> of course the Pistis Sophis is non- canonical...

It's all speculation.  But if you want the most
entertaining and genuinely funny version of this
speculation, again I *highly* recommend "Lamb;
The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood
Pal."  It's a really funny, really sweet novel
that (finally, after two millennia) treats the
whole subject of Christ with the seriousness he
probably would've wanted.

Lest we forget, the enlightened tend to be funny.

Don't be thrown off by the title.  I have given
copies of this book to rabbis, priests, preachers,
Zen masters, high Buddhist lamas from Tibet, and
many others.  Every one of them has thanked me
profusely for recommending it, between laughs.

The concept of this book is brilliant.  It's the
story of Josh (Jeshua), as told by the *only*
person on planet Earth not tempted to put him
up on some kind of pedestal and worship him,
the guy he grew up with.  A real "don't miss"
read for anyone on a spiritual path.  Besides,
you get to find out what the 'H' in Jesus H.
Christ stands for.  :-)