<jflanegi@>

> > <shempmcgurk@>

Carolina,
> > and

Please
> > deny
> > occuring in
> > > >

> > > Huh?
> > >
> > > What's the logic of the segueway from age of consent to war?
> > >
> > Personally, as an American, I find that waging unprovoked war on
> > others to be so evil and corrupting an influence on the world,
that
> > these days it is damned hard to point fingers at any other
country.

> > Granted nobody is perfect, and yet what this country is doing is
so
> > horrible, so irredeemable, that other countries' behaviors truly
> > pale in comparison.
> >
> > So, in my opinion, we should first get our own house in order
before
> > pointing out the errors of others.
> >
> > ...must be a Sat Yuga thang...;)
> >

> Gee, Jim an awful lot of fuzzy relitivistic stuff there.... One
man's
> evil is another man's duty or at least lesser of evil's. Let's see
how
> it works out, statigically.
>
> JohnY

I don't see the fuzz. This ability that many of us have these days
to look at something so ugly and pointless as war and pronounce it
as somehow strategic, or a sound solution, is beyond me. It is as
close to pure evil as anything I can think of.

I know a world war two vet who served in the Pacific as a Marine
sniper. He had nightmares for *thirty years* nearly every night
afterwards because of what he had been exposed to.

And it isn't like there aren't alternatives...I proposed back in
2001 that we as a country embark on an alternative energy program
with the same fervor as we had in the 60's to put a man on the moon.
That would cool down the Middle East immeasurably.

But now I see that this war isn't about oil. It is about bullying,
and imposing our will on others, and showing the world that you
can't push around the USA. Oh, and weapons testing. Can't forget the
immoral weapons testing...

So call it what you will. I call it Sin.