My objections to your posts on poverty are first that you stereotype the poor
(does anyone ask you if you are spending your money on "frivolous" things?)
and second that your definition of poverty is out of the mainstream, useless
and wrong.

Just to give one example, consider this, which I took from the Catholic
Campaign for Human Development at
http://www.nccbuscc.org/cchd/povertyusa/index.htm

"Since 1999, the number of poor Americans suffering from `food insecurity'
and hunger has increased by 3.9 million - 2.8 million adults and more than
one million children. In 2002, 34.9 million people lived in households
experiencing food insecurity - that is, not enough food for basic nourishment -
compared to 33.6 million in 2001 and 31 million in 1999. (U.S. Department of
Agriculture, Household Food Security in the United States, 2002, October
2003.)

So much for your notion that no one in this country suffers from a lack of the
necessitites of life.

Perhaps you have a rosy view of things because Arizona doesn't figure in the
top ten "poverty" states, which are
1. Mississippi  17.3% below the poverty line
2. New Mexico   17.3%
3. Louisiana    16.8%
4. District of Columbia 16.7%
4. Texas        16.7%