On Feb 12, 2006, at 7:45 PM, wayback71 wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "coshlnx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---

---

http://www.snowlionpub.com/pages/N73_1.php

Another article: "Science at the Crossroads" by the Dalai Lama

http://www.dalailama.com/page.8.htm

--- End forwarded message ---

This article is such a pleasure to read.  In fact, it seems as if the Dalai Lama is picking up

where MMY left off back in the 70's.  This is the kind of reasoned, no-hype, generous

discussion that I had thought the TMO would be leading to.  MMY and all the hype must be

doing something, but I would think that this style of conversation and research influences

so many more people.  Such different approaches to essentially the same stuff.

Being intimately familiar with both systems there is a vast difference between these two systems in terms of breadth and depth. TM would represent a basic meditation practice whereas the inner tantras represent a profound and comprehensive technology of higher consciousness. While there are superficial similarities, in terms of practice and techniques, one goes far beyond the other. This particular lecture is but one of many given over the last decade--actually many have already been published--but definitely worth reading if the crossroad of science and spirituality interest you.