On Feb 14, 2006, at 4:30 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:

Thanks for the link...fascinating.

However, I didn't understand the part where the Beatles were asked

to leave.  I had never heard that part of the story...I assume they

were referring to when in Rishikesh John and George were the last

two Beatles there and they left...I had always understood that they

left on their own accord because they thought there was funny

business going on...so what's this about being asked to leave?

I also didn't understand the part where George said "I didn't want

to lie".

Can anyone expound on these points?

There is no author listed for the article. Possible TMO disinformation and lies? According to this article the Beatles were tripping at Maharishi Nagar.

When Maharishi threw Beatles out
[ Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:01:39 amTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

NEW DELHI: This is a true story of love and bitterness, recrimination and reconciliation. It’s a story of glamour and spirituality, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. It’s about four men whom the world worshipped, and the mentor they first adored, then abhorred. It’s a story that has never before been told in its entirety, though gossip and rumours have swirled around it for years.

Why exactly did relations between the Beatles and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi sour? Was there any truth to the allegations that the Maharishi had propositioned a friend of the Beatles? As an erstwhile disciple of the Maharishi, and a close friend of the Beatles, spiritual master Deepak Chopra is probably one of the few people who knew the real story.

He said after some prodding: "The Beatles — along with their entourage, which included Mia Farrow — were doing drugs, taking LSD, at Maharishi’s ashram, and he lost his temper with them. He asked them to leave, and they did in a huff. But when they went to the US, John Lennon gave an interview on the Johnny Carson show, accusing Maharishi of being a dirty old man. Later, Lennon also wrote a satirical song about Maharishi, which went: Sexy Sadie, what have you done/you made a fool of everyone."