> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> > >
> > > The difference is that the authors of Marvel Comics
> > > have senses of humor, and can occasionally laugh at
> > > all this "superpower" stuff and themselves.
> >
> > You think the champion Yogic Flyers take themselves seriously?
>
> We were talking about spiritual books about sidhis
> and such phenomena, not Maharishi-brand Champion
> Yogic Flyers.
>
> Of course no one ever took that seriously.  :-)

In which case, one could make a casethat if the TM-Sidhis are of
spiritual value the way it is claimed, they are also very UNlikely to
bring about the self-aborbed problem that you point out below.

> My comment was about spiritual books in general,
> almost *all* of which take themselves too seriously.

Yeah, them TM BOok cartoons (possibly the best-selling spiritual
bookof the 70's at least) were all about being too serious...