---  Jamshad Ghanbar wrote:

>   Solaiman was a prophet who had many powers.
>   One of them was the ability to fly.

Whether or not he could fly, he was certainly a capable guy.

http://tinyurl.com/cu9ws

I had heard of Sulemain the Magnificent, so I googled
him and found this short summary which is interesting
in a couple of ways. One is the relatively non-violent
way that he expanded his rule. Another is his World
Government-like perspective toward his role in the
family of nations. A third is his enrollment of bright
boys to further his aims. As we used to say, lots of
SCI there.

For history buffs, it's also interesting to see the list
of Sulemain's contemporaries, below.

>From the web page:

http://tinyurl.com/cu9ws

"The Ottoman Dynasty emerged from Asia Minor with the Turks invading, often
silently,
cities just as they began to fall under their own weight. The Turks would wait
until a city
was falling either from famine or political adversity. They would enter the
city, act as
citizens and quietly take over, not disturbing the majority of the population.
In the early
days, they could often take over without any resistance. ...

"For our purposes, Suleman the Lawgiver, (Magnificent was only used in Europe)
is
reigning Sultan over the Ottoman Empire. Officially, no ambassadors were ever
sent out of
the Empire to any other country. Suleman felt he was above all other rulers
signing his
letters 'I, the Sultan of Sultans, the Sovereign of Sovereigns, Dispenser of
Crowns to the
monarchs on the face of the earth...'

"The Janissaries (yeni cheri, or new soldiers) are the Sultan's Royal Guard and
his army.
These boys were selected by Devshirme, a slave tribute where the most
attractive and
smartest boys were carefully selected to be trained to fill the corps of the
sultans guard
and if they prove themselves, to become governors or administrators in the
empire. Many
poorer peoples hoped to get their son's taken as that promised them a better
life. ..."

Rulers of the Renaissance (dates reflect the reigning years)

Ottoman Empire: Suleman Kanuni (the Lawgiver), born 1494, Sultan from 1520-1566

Spain: Charles I 1516-1555 (also Holy Roman Emperor Charles V)
          Philip II 1555-1598 (married Mary I of England in 1554)

England:  Henry VIII 1509-1547, Edward VI 1547-1553, Mary I 1553-1558,
Elizabeth I
1558-1603

France: Francis I 1515-1547 (followed by several in quick succession)

Russia: Ivan the Terrible 1547-1584

Holy Roman Emperor: Maximilian I 1486-1519, Charles V 1519-1558, Ferdinand I
1558-1564