I agree with much of this. I wasn't trying to endorse claims that TMO programs
necessarily result in superior levels of health. I was really referring to the
entire TM and ex-TM spiritual community  here, which I guess (and we're only
dealing in subjective impressions  here) shapes up pretty well in terms of
overall mental health. So I still think your comment that "we" are worse off
mentally than the general population may give people the wrong impression.
Sure, there are some  people on anti-depressants and other medication, but
that's true of our general age group everywhere. I do think that many years of
involvement in TM has given many people here an optimistic spiritual
orientation to the world, as well as a desire to harmonize their lives with all
aspects of "natural law," which  is neither illusory nor  closed-minded and is
not a characteristic of the general population, whether in Fairfield or
anywhere else.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002" <