--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gullible fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Chopra smiled. "Part of the Beatles lore is that
> > when they made their
> > first appearance on American TV, on the Ed Sullivan
> > show, there was
> > no crime in the US for that one hour.
> >
> > "Maharishi told us, 'When I heard this, I knew the
> > Beatles were
> > angels on earth. It doesn't matter what John said
> > or did, I could never be upset with angels.' On
> > hearing that, George
> > broke down and wept."
>
> The US spans six different time zones, so the Ed
> Sullivan show was on at different times that Sunday.
> The entire country did not watch the show at once.
> Anybody else see a problem with "no crime in the US
> for that one hour" now?

Yup. Pure myth. I was in college on the East coast,
and I remember everybody crowding into a lobby of
one of the girls' dorms to watch it, because they
had the biggest TV. When we came out, we found that
someone had stolen most of the many bicycles that
had been left outside by the students.

The things people make up...