--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ron F <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Writer and thinker DEEPAK CHOPRA has exploded the myth that his
friend MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI fell out with THE BEATLES over a secret
romance by insisting the Indian guru simply grew tired of the Fab
Four's drug use.

>  Neither The Beatles nor the Maharishi have spoken about their
bitter falling out, leading many to speculate about the reasons for
the bust-up.

>  Some of those close to both The Beatles and the Maharishi have
claimed the guru propositioned a friend of the group - possibly
actress MIA FARROW - prompting JOHN LENNON and GEORGE HARRISON to
leave India and cease communications with their former spiritual
advisor.

>  But Chopra now insists the Maharishi simply "lost his temper when
he learned they were doing drugs".

>  Chopra adds, "The rumour was that Maharishi had misbehaved with
Mia Farrow, but I met Mia years later at the airport while taking a
flight to India, and she asked me to tell Maharishi that she still
loved him."

>  Meanwhile, during his guest editor stint for the Times of India
newspaper on Tuesday (14FEB06), Chopra also revealed he helped set
up a top secret reconciliatory meeting between the Maharishi and
Harrison in 1991.

>  He recalls, "We got on to a chartered plane... and flew to
Vlodrop in the Netherlands, where Maharishi was staying."

>  Chopra recalls it was an emotional meeting, during which Harrison
apologised to the Maharishi for severing ties with him.

>  The Maharishi brought Harrison to tears, according to Chopra,
when he forgave his former student, stating, "I knew the Beatles
were angels on earth... I could never be upset with angels."