> On Feb 15, 2006, at 9:07 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > The TMO may well have tasked Chopra with putting out
> > misinformation when Chopra was still with the TMO;
> > as Bob suggested, the quotes in this article may have
> > been taken from an old interview.
> >
> > But as I already pointed out, the TMO is not going
> > to use Deepak Chopra, of all people, to transmit its
> > message--misinformation, revisionism, "hidden apologism,"
> > or whatever--these days.
> >
> > If the quotes are from a *current* interview, it's Chopra's
> > propaganda, not the TMO's.
>
> It appears to be old.

Turns out it's current.

> Having said that apologists will use whatever
> means they can--esp. when these are followers who are proceeding
> with  a real religious zeal--this would not necessarily be official
> TMO  feeds (most likely NOT official), just ambiguity and revision.

No, actually no TM TB, "official" or not, would use
Chopra as a vehicle for their message, as I said.
The TB line considers Chopra an apostate and a
betrayer of Maharishi.

Moreover, the only TB line *I've* ever heard about
the Beatles leaving is that they did so because
they were "unstressing" and believed a false story
about MMY boffing a female follower.  I've never
heard any TB suggest they were thrown out because
they were doing drugs.

> You see a similar thing in Neocon politics where rather than
> revealing the truth about global warming, you create ambiguities
> so people can believe there is no real scientific consensus--"we
> need more research". Of course this will be a non sequitur for you.

I'm not sure you know what a non sequitur is.  What
you just said is not, of course, a non sequitur, it's
just wildly off base in this context.