> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <no_reply@>

> > > <snip...> Again, his view and teachings may not be perfect,
> > > the best, or a gold standard. But without further info I
> > > would bet on it over the one-man,one-generation Santa
> > > Claran tradition.
> >
> > Oh c'mon, that's just BS...to insinuate that I am somehow
> > comparing myself to the Holy Tradition, or trying to start
> > a tradition of my own.
>
> I wouldn't say that AnonAkaskaMoose was *really* comparing
> you to the TM "holy tradition," Jim. What he was doing was
> using "tradition" the way it's *always* been used through-
> out history.

Sorry Barry.Your speculative powers are waning. You might try reading
the post in full, instead of apparently skimming it and filling in the
large gaps with filters and perspectives that are in your head, not on
the page.

But thanks for continuing your autobio. We are gaining more and more
insights into your psyche. For what thats worth.

 "Tradition" is that thing that people who
> have been practicing a set of spiritual techniques for
> years without having any terribly interesting experiences
> or results trot out to explain why they stick with a set
> of techniques that have never produced what they claimed.
> You repeat the word "tradition" over and over to yourself
> to make you feel better about having invested so much
> time and money in something that hasn't paid off on its
> promises.

> This common usage of the term "tradition" has the added
> side benefit of enabling the TB who wields it of putting
> down those who *have* had spiritual experiences. Because
> those experiences don't necessarily jibe with what the
> "tradition" told the TB to expect, the TB can use the
> word "tradition" to attempt to discredit the person who
> has actually had a few experiences, and discredit the
> experiences themselves. It's a nice "perk" of clinging
> to a "tradition" that hasn't really ever delivered on
> its own promises.

May you intensly purify your brain at a deep molecular level -- so
that you can more blissfully make it up as you go along.