On Feb 16, 2006, at 1:04 PM, authfriend wrote:

It occurs to me that, as far as I'm aware, there isn't

a term like "witnessing" associated with the other

"higher states" in MMY's teaching, such that when the

experience it refers to became permanent, that's God

consciousness or Unity consciousness or Brahman

consciousness; "witnessing" seems to be anomalous in

that regard--perhaps because it's less complicated,

or less complicated to describe.

Shankara describes five types of witnessing (saksi) associated with different types of realization. However the advaita-siddhi points out that the reason for witnessing is imperfections in the subtle bodies which have yet to be resolved. So if you've gone beyond witnessing as a permanent state you will have to create that which causes the witness-consciousness. That would seem to me, counterproductive.