> REturn of the Rishi is apparently still inprint, although its not
> found easily on the Chopra.com website. OTOH, anyone interested in
> learning to be a Deepak Chopra meditation teacher can learn it in
6
> days:
>

> Primordial Sound Meditation is a very specific time-tested
meditation
> technique dating back thousands of years to the ancient Vedic
> traditions of India. As a certified instructor, you will have the
> knowledge and skills to teach Primordial Sound Meditation, the
most
> powerful tool we have for direct contact with Spirit and
> rediscovering our unique essential nature. Dr. Chopra has revived
> this ancient process and made it available in a format that can be
> easily learned by everyone and taught.
>  The essential aspects of these timeless teachings have been
> maintained in their pure, original form, ensuring the most
beneficial
> experience. With regular practice, twice daily, we open our
awareness
> to all levels of our existence and infuse Spirit in every aspect
of
> our being. When teaching meditation, however, you multiply the
> effects of your own meditation many times over.
>

> The Primordial Sound Meditation Certification is a 6-day intensive
> immersion into the ancient teachings of meditation as translated
by
> Drs. Deepak Chopra and David Simon. As a certified instructor, you
> may assist Dr. Chopra in his various speaking engagements around
the
> world and represent the Chopra Center at other venues. You will be
> able to set up, market, and teach courses in a manner and
frequency
> that suit your schedule (subject to a few basic guidelines).

You know, Spare Egg does have a point.

Reading the kind of stuff that Chopra puts out, such as that above,
does rub me the wrong way.

Not that he isn't "allowed" to write in the way he does or teach
what he wants to teach -- he is, of course.  It's just that almost
all of the language AND the tone of what and how he writes is lifted
from MMY and his teachings.

I always liked Chopra and liked to listen to his "gift-of-gab".  If
when he left the TMO he had just stuck to everything he did BUT left
out the meditation part, it would have been great.  But it's a
feeling of greasiness that I get when I read stuff like that above.