> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > Right Judy.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > In my opinion, it's all about preference -- which
> > > of the many congruent and simultaneously manifesting
> > > "realities" you choose to focus on. My preference is
> > > to focus on the one that seems the most productive
> > > at the time. Most of the time, that's the one in
> > > which I get to make the decisions myself and take
> > > the responsibility for those decisions myself.
> > >
> > > If you prefer a different focus, that's your
> > > preference. But IMO it's nothing more *than*
> > > preference.
> >
> > Nothing wrong about having preferences. But with preferences and
> > likings, its even more clear that they are not in our hands. Why
> > do I like something and somebody else likes something different?
> > Due to biological responses (not in your hands), experiences and
> > your response to them (having had a bad experience with somebody
> > you will avoid him/her), desires and psychological conditioning.
> > In the end you beat your fist to your breast and say: 'It's me,
> > me. I like' etc
>
> As acts go, I think that's one suits me better than
> yours, which seems to consist of shouting, "It's not
> me, not me. 'I' don't like...it's the universe doing
> all this stuff. Not responsible."  :-)

Says Barry, completely missing the point again.

BTW, if you're not taking responsibility for your
actions, it means you don't take responsibility
either for your "bad" actions OR your "good" actions.

I suspect at least part of the resistance to the idea
that one isn't in control is that one doesn't want to
have to give up the credit for the latter.