> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <fairfieldlife@>
> wrote:
> >
> > on 2/18/06 4:21 PM, sparaig at sparaig@ wrote:
> >
> > > I wouldn't say that he brought any Ayurvedic knowledge to the
> > > movement. He brought excellent organizational and speaking skills
> and
> > > a certain level of credibility that less-prominent physicians didn't
> > > have, but the Ayurvedic stuff was never his to bring in.
> >
> > Was it Maharishi's? How much did he know about AV before he brought a
> bunch
> > of experts in? And where did they learn it? Knowledge just keeps
> flowing
> > from one person to the next.
> >

> Maharishi, in my view, has an excellent "feel" for what parts of INdian
> tradition fit together well in his umbrella structure of "Maharishi's
> Vedic Science." His ability to articulate this, combined with his fame,
> allowed him to bring together a lot of prominent Ayurvedic
> practitioners and scholars. Chopra, by his own account in _Return of
> the Rishi_, atthe time he was working for the TMO, did not have this
> credibility, fame or intuitional feel for things, regardless of what he
> or others may claim now, so to suggest that *Chopra* brought Ayurvedic
> knowledge into the TMO is just plain silly and is not backed up either
> by Chopra's own formal tellingo f the storyin _Rishi_ or any movement
> rumor that I ever heard.

Something that I've noticed about Maharishi's introduction of new
aspects of knowledge. He introduces something and says that it will be
a 'do it yourself' or low cost somthing for everyone, and then when
and if it actually gets implemented the price becomes much, much
higher and it's not for everyone anymore. Ayuervedic knowledge, Vedic
Vibration, jyotish, advanced techniques and many other things were
promoted this way. Get the interest up and then raise the price.

JohnY