> on 2/20/06 1:48 AM, hugheshugo at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> Some of the more blatant frauds have been:
> >> King Tony's House
> >> Pundit Trailers
> >>
> >> They come in under the catagory of 'eating your own young'....
> >>

> >> JohnY
> >
> > Sorry I don't understand about pundit trailers and tonys house, I
> > live in the UK are they scandals from fairfield, do tell I love a
> > bit of gossip!
>
> $5 million was raised with a lot of hoopla and arm-twisting to bring
pundits
> to Fairfield. I suspect Maharishi never intended to send them. Now
Mother
> Divine is in the housing built for them, because they were kicked out of
> North Carolina, because the TMO alienated the Kaplans by
misappropriating
> 10's of millions of their dollars.

I think what has impacted Ffld the most isn't just that the pundit
project didn't work out, but the continual stream of misinformation
put out about their imminent arrival.  Much of the $5 million was
raised as monthly pledges which meant that the tmo had to maintain
hope of pundits coming in order to keep the monthly donations coming.
 There was constant updates about progress on their visas, airplanes
being leased to bring them here, then the pundits' mothers wouldn't
let them travel due to terrorism in the US, then the amazing line that
pundit visas were all done but now they needed visas for their cooks,
etc.  The best intelligence available from DC is that visas were never
obtained for any of the kids, only some older pundits.

I could easily understand not being able to get visas for a bunch of
indian kids, but the constant stream of misinformation is what has
turned most people off here.  Now the line "when the pundits arrive"
is used the same way most people say "when hell freezes over".