Apropos of our recent discussion of Jessica Simpson and how I (and
others) aren't that crazy about her:

Today I watched "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world" on TV for about
the 20th time.  There is one scene with Milton Berle (J. Russell
Finch) and the British comedian Terry-Thomas (J. Algernon Hawthorne)
that summed up the whole discussion (from
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/quotes) :

J. Algernon Hawthorne: I must say that if I had the grievous
misfortune to be a citizen of this benighted country, I should be
the most hesitant of offering any criticism whatever of any other.

J. Russell Finch: Wait a minute, are you knocking this country? Are
you saying something against America?

J. Algernon Hawthorne: Against it? I should be positively astounded
to hear anything that could be said FOR it. Why the whole bloody
place is the most unspeakable matriarchy in the whole history of
civilization! Look at yourself! The way your wife and her strumpet
of a mother push you through the hoop! As far as I can see, American
men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die
like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under
hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be
some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with
bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that
has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with
bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in
American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of
entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that
if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national
economy would collapse overnight.