--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wmurphy77 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> snip>
> > >
> > > It seems to me the second last (KS) Shiva-suutra is about
saMyama
> > > on the aajñaa[=command?]-cakra (from memory: naasikaantar-
madhya-
> > > saMyamaat kim atra savyaapasavya-sauSamneSu). Perhaps that means
> > > that kuNDalinii-yoga -practises are needless when one does
saMyama
> > > on "naasika_antar-madhya".
> >

> > It's talking about maintaining awareness regardless of what
channel
> > prana is flowing in.
>
> Could you elaborate on this....also, where in the puja does it talk
> about the ajna?

ANd where is it made clear that one spiritual tradition has to have a
1-to-1 correspondance with another for either to be correct? The
history of Sanskrit texts covers literally thousands of years, with
multiple meanings for many words for a given text written during one
period that may not be coherent with the meaning intended for them
when used in another text written in another era.

And that doesn't mean that MMY's interpretation of things is wrong,
regardless of what was meant consciously by one author, since the
point of MMY's interpreation of texts is to promote and explain
enlightment techniques of a certain kind, so if the techniques work
and the itnerpreation is valid within the context of the techniques
he promotes, the author's conscious intent may not be as big a deal
as you appear to be insisting by all this textual exegisis stuff.

IOW, MMY's silence on such things may mean nothing more than he
disagrees with the whole thing, or perhaps with the standard
interpretation of such things. He talks about Marmas which almost no-
one does, while generally NOT talking about kundalini or chakras,
which virtually everyone DOES talk about. Does this make him wrong
and everyone else right, or is it the other way around or what?