> I would agree.

You "would". ?

"would" is the present conditional. It implies an "if".

You would agree IF [what]?

Don't worry. I am just having fun with language. I say, "I would
agree" sometimes too. I am really commenting on my own foibles.

I think in the recess of my mind "I would agree" is shorthand implied
"I would tend to agree." It gives some wiggle room I suppose.

But simple declarative statements are a good thing, my mind says.

"I agree." it answered.