> On Feb 22, 2006, at 12:19 PM, a_non_moose_ff wrote:
>
> > Per my question, I was curious if you were actually aware that despite
> > the alleged  "bizarre factors", "prana depleted", "hierarchical and
> > patriarchal" (gasp --the horror), tribal-god praying consticted prana
> > flowing nature of these apparent beasts, that they could and actually
> > did lead the world in many if not most pursuits during Europe's Dark
> > Ages and even into the Renassaince.
>
> This is part myth, part fact. The Arabs were great *transmitters* of
> knowledge from other cultures and only occasionally originators. Long
> story.

"Story" may be the operative word.

As I study more history, it appears most if not all major cultures
have bee *transmitters*, users, and borrowers  of  knowledge from
other cultures -- as others have been of them. Lots more interaction
between the Mediteranian, Northern Africa, Middle East, China, India
etc. than previously thought or acknowledged. But I suppose  you view
it mostly came from India. I used to too.

But your recent post hardly presents you as an unbiased observer of
Arab or Islamic history. Or any history for that matter.

As an aside, China it appears was a major naval and exploratory force
1000+ years ago with ships far exceeding the size and carrying
capacity of other cultures. And interestingly, the zero, as "store of
value,and "placeholder" has been found in Mayan works 3000 BC, before
any recorded use of it in India.

And we are all ancestors of one or several migrations out of Central
Africa 40,000 + years ago. So "apparently" all subsequent cultures
ripped off the Afficans, I mean us. :)