--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.amritapuri.org/teachings/message/cartoon.php

Interesting, and very sweet, but with regard to
her last comment, I met a guy in Paris who was
actually proud of paintings and photographs of
his mother nude. With some justification...she's
a famous French movie star.  :-)

More seriously, although her comments are sweet
and compassionate, isn't the reaction she's
talking about (however understandable it may
be) nothing but attachment? If someone disses
my Mom or my spiritual teacher, I don't *have*
to react as if they were dissing *me*. They
aren't. It's the identification with and the
attachment to the person or the beliefs that
is the problem, not the comments themselves.

Wouldn't a more "high vibe" reaction be to
get beyond reaction? There are organizations --
social, political, spiritual and religious --
that actively *promote* reactivity on the
part of their adherents, as if it's a good
thing to react to any criticism as if it were
a personal attack on them. I think *that* is
the real issue with regard to these cartoons.