> On Feb 23, 2006, at 5:27 AM, hugheshugo wrote:
>
> > That might have been when I first started questioning the way things
> > are run, the next was Maharishi's press conference with Slobodan
> > Milosovic (the butcher of Belgrade) about what a wronged man he is.
> > But thats another story!
>
> Are you implying that M. supported Milosovic as a leader?

The conference was held in Belgrade with MMY on a big screen telling
Milosovic he was a wronged man. Now, if my memory serves me correctly
he also said that with our programmes he would stay in power. I only
mention my memory because it was either Milosovic or another tin-pot
loony that MMY's support of astonished me.

One argument is that we get coherence groups as near to the trouble as
we can, my view is that MMY has a "my enemies enemy is my friend"
attitude, as evidenced by his comments about Osama Bin Laden remaining
free because of us that he made on the channel a few years ago,
interestingly the journalist who had asked about afgahnistan wrote back
and asked if he was serious and J hagelin (to his credit) read out the
question and said he didn't think thats what MMY meant though it was
plain as day to me. Regardless, I think pitching our tent near people
like that is foolish and very bad PR.