--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, scienceofabundance
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > I can't understand why the Christians are so upset about "Brokeback
> > Mountain." To me it shows the misery and destruction that homosexual
> acts
> > can cause. Those guys would  have been better off had they never
> done it.
> > They might possibly  have been happily married. They gave in to a
> perverse
> > urge and look where it got them -- walking the road to hell.
> >

> This is one of those messages where I don't really know where
> to start with a response.  Perhapsm just quoting one of your
> sentences will be enough "They might possibly have been happily
> married"..... since as we all know, repressing homosexual urges
> is a sure way to a happy marriage.

Ya gotta understand that for the fire'n'brimstone crowd, the whole
purpose of human life is to stay out of hell. Feste is simply
projecting his own fear-based existence on the repressed married
homosexual and assuming he'd be happier in a dishonest, unfulfilling
relationship because it keeps him off the road to hell. Feste's
perspective is superstitious; to rational people, his perspective
makes no sense.