> On Feb 25, 2006, at 6:33 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Good detective work, Judy. I guessed that Vaj's scholarship
> >> was as thin as a tart's negligee
> >
> > P.S.: No "detective work" required, BTW, other than
> > a quick Google for the exact quote from Clementine's
> > letter.  The nature of the find is pretty common
> > knowledge even among those who just dabble in this
> > sort of thing.
>
> Interestingly, you left the key points out about the letter--
> specifically what Clement says about the nature of the text itself.

I wasn't writing a dissertation on the letter, merely
correcting your gross misstatements.

> After Peter died, Mark took his gospel to Alexandria and to create
> a  "more spiritual gospel for the use of those who were being
> perfected." Clement states this text was kept by the Alexandrian
> church for initiation into "the great mysteries."
>
> Of course this is very interesting to anyone even remotely
> interested  in mystical Christianity--for example Freemasons and
> Kabbalists I have spoken to find this all rather amazing due to
> elements known in their traditions.
>
> There is also a further fragment I'll mention which reads "Then he
> came into Jericho. And the sister of the young man whom Jesus
> loved was there with his mother and Salome, but Jesus would not
> receive them."

This was also in Clement's letter; it's not a "further
fragment" in the sense of something else having been
found.

> The question thus becomes 'why were these removed'? In that
> quest I suggest you do your own reading, rather than your
> typical "googling" about--it's an interesting topic.

Vaj, I know more than you do about this topic.  I've read
extensively on it, since it's an area of intense interest
for me, one I've been reading about for years.

The only reason I went Googling in this case was to get
the exact quote of the passage from Clement's letter,
as I've already said, so your suggestion above is, once
again, disingenuous.