Maharishi may never have proclaimed directly that he was a Guru,
although that is subject to argument (I contend that he has only I
cannot remember any specific instances of this), however, his actions-
many many many of his actions-clearly indicate that he considers
himself a Guru and the actions of those who serve him clearly indicate
the same. I have never seen him discourage people treating him like
their supposed Master.