On Feb 28, 2006, at 1:18 PM, jim_flanegin wrote:

On Feb 28, 2006, at 1:10 PM, jim_flanegin wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>

wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"

<jflanegi@>

wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@>

wrote:

That's it. That was also Papaji's point stating too many

are hanging around already too long.

Yes, many would rather wallow in the inertia of their 'seeker'

identity, proclaiming enlightenment can't be so, because of

this, and that, and the other thing...

Gotta agree. And it ain't just here...it's a fairly

universal trend in spiritual groups. Those who say

that they have experienced the goal that is shared

by pretty much the entire group (for example,

enlightenment) are regularly dissed by those in

the group who have not had such an experience.

One would think they'd be happy that someone is

actually getting what they paid for, but the

reality is sadly often the opposite.

In other words, when someone claims to be enlightened,

we should just accept it without question?

If I say I have brown hair, why is that so much easier to accept,

than if I say I am enlightened?

Nice analogy. I get a sense of brown either way! Dude, I'm in

Brahman!

Oh c'mon Vaj- no one ever *really* gets enlightened, EVER, except

select Great Buddhist Masters...you are deluding yourself.

Any 'commoner' who claims such a thing is obviously just on an ego

trip. Wake up!

Oh ok, if you say so.

But what about the Great Buddhist Masters who aren't enlightened?