Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Is it a sin to question whether or not MMY is enlightened?
on 2/28/06 5:52 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 2/28/06 11:39:53 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Because  sometimes I seriously wonder, and he has NEVER said so to my
knowledge!  He seems more like a bitter old man these days and
sometimes the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
Also his pejorative comments about people and forms of governments is
disturbing and leads me to believe he is not established in  Being????

I am grateful to him for TM, and if he isn't enlightened that  wouldn't
mean TM doesn't work (but it might make you wonder)! Only Bevan  and
others say he is operating from Aham-brahmasmi but we don't know if
that is true!  BillyG
Billy, I'm kind of like you. I wonder, sometimes like you, for the exact same reasons. But then I also often think he is enlightened but has lost his mind in his old age. Just as the body can go in old age with the enlightened , why not the mind as well? Maybe sometime down the road, somebody real close to M that we have no reason not to trust, can fill us in on what has happened over the past few years.

I think that if your private life is way out of whack with your public persona, it creates a strain, cultures paranoia and controlling, repressive tendencies, etc., that can wear on your sanity over the years.