Rick Archer wrote:
> I think that if your private life is way out of whack with your public
> persona, it creates a strain, cultures paranoia and controlling, repressive
> tendencies, etc., that can wear on your sanity over the years.

One thing I have wondered about lately - having just viewd lots of old tapes of
MMY - is
where did he get all this knowledge of the Vedas and the understanding of the
relationships between the sounds, the from infinity to a point stuff?  Is this
just common
knowledge in India?  did MMY pick it up by talking wtih some wise pundits?  Is
all the
Vedic Science info really not that profound, but sounds that way to Westerners?
 My hunch
is that it is a profound understanding, just as I think MMY's descriptions of
states of
consciousness etc is simple and also profound -= a real contribution to the
world.  If he is
not Enlightened, where did he get this stuff?  Could he have picked it up from
Guru Dev in
the 9 years as a disciple?  Is he cognizing all this?  LIfting ideas from
others?  Anyone have
any insight into this?